Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your parameters on your Multi Effects boards / racks or knob setting on your foot pedals ....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Post your parameters on your Multi Effects boards / racks or knob setting on your foot pedals ....

    Post those numbers on your digital gear or the knob settings on your foot pedals.

    Next weekend, I"ll post up the parameters of a the Dueling Negative / Positive Flanging on Jimi Hendrix's , House Burning Down and Eric Johnson's, High Landrons.

    #2
    I don't try to play like someone else. So...

    one day something might sound perfect. The next day it won't.

    that's the beauty for me. Explore your own ear but never copy. Unless you play in a cover band.

    getting stuck into the game of trying to sound like someone is a henderance...to me.

    sometimes my knobs need adjustments, sometimes their fine were they are......until the cat jumps in my lap.

    Comment


    • AJ6stringsting
      AJ6stringsting commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a reel to reel in my developing years, so I could do things note for note, out if respect to original artist and to build up my technique.
      When yo mix it all up, you eventually cone up with your own style.

      I've learned from Hendrix, Schenkar, SRV, EVH, Rhoads, Satriani, Vai, Gary Moore, Sykes, Schon, Gibbons, Dime Bag, Stanley Jordon and so many others .... I never stop learning, too many great guitarists to learn from !!!!

    #3
    4,6,8

    Comment


      #4
      Originally posted by Buckwalder View Post
      I don't try to play like someone else. So...

      one day something might sound perfect. The next day it won't.

      that's the beauty for me. Explore your own ear but never copy. Unless you play in a cover band.

      getting stuck into the game of trying to sound like someone is a henderance...to me.

      sometimes my knobs need adjustments, sometimes their fine were they are......until the cat jumps in my lap.


      I got my own sounds, but guys like Hendrix, Rhoads, Gilmore, Trower, Travers and Page had great sounds with their pedal boards.

      Comment


        #5
        Hendrix didn't have a pedalboard. He just put the pedals on the stage, as I do.

        Comment


          #6
          Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post



          I got my own sounds, but guys like Hendrix, Rhoads, Gilmore, Trower, Travers and Page had great sounds with their pedal boards.
          I saw Traverse live in fort worth in in the early 90s. He bent over and handed my girlfriend his pick. One of those triangle fender picks.

          awesome show !

          Comment


            #7
            Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post



            I got my own sounds, but guys like Hendrix, Rhoads, Gilmore, Trower, Travers and Page had great sounds with their pedal boards.
            And old friend of mine played guitar in Traver's band for years.
            Stay sexy and don't get murdered!

            Comment


              #8
              Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post



              I got my own sounds, but guys like Hendrix, Rhoads, Gilmore, Trower, Travers and Page had great sounds with their pedal boards.
              I would love to hear your own sounds. Don't be shy, I won't judge you.

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by Hoddy View Post

                And old friend of mine played guitar in Traver's band for years.
                What instrument? And what era ?

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by Buckwalder View Post

                  What instrument? And what era ?
                  Sorry dude. You said guitar. My bad.

                  Comment


                  • AJ6stringsting
                    AJ6stringsting commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Posting to yourself .... You're going to go blind 😆

                  #11
                  Originally posted by Buckwalder View Post

                  What instrument? And what era ?
                  After Pat Thrall left the band. His name is Jerry Riggs.
                  Stay sexy and don't get murdered!

                  Comment


                    #12
                    Originally posted by Dorian Gay View Post
                    Hendrix didn't have a pedalboard. He just put the pedals on the stage, as I do.
                    Yes he did ; an Octavia, a Univox Univibe , Vox Wah Wah pedal and a Roger Mayer Fuzz Face .... It wasn't on an organized board, but the concept was there .

                    Your Predilection to Irrelevancy is as pathetic as your lame insult / sarcasm ....

                    You probably only play your nut sax .... Must be very very lonely and frustrating being you.

                    Comment


                    • Dorian Gay
                      Dorian Gay commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You agree with me that he didn't have a board. But still want to hurl silly insults. Are you OK?

                    #13
                    Originally posted by Buckwalder View Post

                    I saw Traverse live in fort worth in in the early 90s. He bent over and handed my girlfriend his pick. One of those triangle fender picks.

                    awesome show !
                    I saw Humble Pie , w/ Steve Marriott and Pat Travers open up for Ted Nugent .... Killer show.

                    I met Pat Thrall at the Rainbow Bar n Grill in 1989, he was going through a nasty divorce and boy, did he go through crap .... He gave me some good advise about gear, tone and the avoidance of Marriage 😡

                    Comment


                    • AJ6stringsting
                      AJ6stringsting commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pat Thrall told me that he and Pat Travers used the MXR Distortion Plus, EXH Electric Mistress Flanger Deluxe, Marshall Super Lead and I forgot what model of Traynor amp.

                    #14
                    Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post

                    Yes he did ; It wasn't on an organized board,
                    No he didn't, it wasn't on a board at all. Just placed on the stage.

                    Prove me wrong.

                    Comment


                      #15
                      Originally posted by Dorian Gay View Post

                      No he didn't, it wasn't on a board at all. Just placed on the stage.

                      Prove me wrong.
                      Wow, looky here, a hobbyist , is now an expert ....
                      So it wasn't on a board and the function is the same .... Your attempt of being a troll is pathetic and retarded.

                      Comment


                        #16
                        Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post

                        Wow, looky here, a hobbyist , is now an expert ....
                        So it wasn't on a board and the function is the same .... Your attempt of being a troll is pathetic and retarded.
                        You got caught being an blustering fool and seem pretty upset about it.

                        Comment


                          #17
                          I turn the knobs and dials until I hear the tone I'm looking for, broadly speaking
                          'I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man' - Clapton

                          Comment


                            #18
                            Originally posted by Dorian Gay View Post

                            You got caught being an blustering fool and seem pretty upset about it.
                            Now, now little troll ....
                            let the guitarists talk shop.

                            🖕😆

                            Comment


                              #19
                              Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post

                              Now, now little troll ....
                              let the guitarists talk shop.

                              🖕😆
                              Is that what is going on in this thread? So far it appears nobody was interested in following your lead in sharing any settings other than me.

                              4,6,8

                              Prove me wrong.
                              Last edited by Dorian Gay; 09-19-2021, 01:02 PM.

                              Comment


                                #20
                                Also Hendrix didn't use a pedal, they flanged the old fashioned way.

                                Minus the ProTools at the end this is how they did it before the first flanger pedals were designed.




                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X